Our economy, culture, and quality of life are closely tied to the environment. Sustainable practices enable us to meet our current needs without compromising the next generation's ability to satisfy their own needs. We can preserve our natural heritage and conserve natural resources for the future by living sustainably.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
Find out what you can do to have a more sustainable Thanksgiving. More...
Temperatures are dropping as winter approaches—here are ways to save money while heating your home. More...
Follow these tips to ensure fertilizers and pesticides are used properly. More...
Discover sustainable fishing practices such as fishing line disposal and using fish-friendly hooks. More...
Halloween is a great opportunity for sustainability. Find out what you can do to be "green" this holiday. More...
Learn how to become an enviroshopper and reduce waste. More...
- Center for Training, Research and Education for Environmental Occupations (TREEO)
- Department of Agricultural Education and Communication
- Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse
- Florida Natural Resources Leadership Institute
- Florida Partnership for Water, Agriculture & Community Sustainability at Hastings
- Food and Resource Economics Department
- Living Green
- Office of Sustainability
- Program for Resource Efficient Communities
- School of Forest Resources and Conservation
- School of Natural Resources and Environment
- Soil and Water Science Department
- Virtual Field Day
- Wedgworth Leadership Institute for Agriculture and Natural Resources
State & Federal Agencies
- American FactFinder--U.S. Census Bureau
- American Planning Association
- ENERGY STAR
- Fish and Wildlife Research Institute--Florida FWC
- Florida DEP
- Florida Ecosystems--US FWS
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida Legislature
- Florida Office of Tourism, Trade, and Economic Development (OTTED)
- SOFIA (South Florida Restoration)--USGS
- USDA Forest Service
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- USDA Rural and Community Development
Other University Sites
- Florida Resources and Environmental Analysis Center--FSU
- Green Building and Sustainable Design--UC Davis Extension
Organizations & Associations
- Community Development Society
- Florida Association of Counties
- The Institute for Regional Conservation
- International Association for Community Development
- National Association of Counties
- National Conference of State Legislatures